Prerequisite for attendees :
Knowledge of Git
Session Details/Overview :
Git hooks are scripts that Git executes before or after events such as commit, push, and receive. Git hooks are a built-in feature - no need to download anything. Git hooks runs locally.
- pre-commit: Check the commit message for spelling errors.
- pre-receive: Enforce project coding standards.
- post-commit: Email/SMS team members of a new commit.
- post-receive: Push the code to production.
- Improve coding standards at developers ends only.