Usability sounds like a fancy term, but what exactly does it mean? How it relates to the user needs and measures the success of a Web Solution.
I'll be coming with all these Answers and more for the attendees and will be discussing - the USABILITY and how its related to Common Sense with some Real World Examples.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTERS
- Usability = Useful + Delightful + Obvious + Effective + Efficient + Organised
- Through the Eyes of a User (How we really use the web)
- The most basic stuff missed while developing Web Solutions.
- How modern Users traverse through a website.
- A user is always in a HURRY..!!
- Use of Street signing.
- Why do some Websites/Applications fail?
- How a User is afraid of changes.
- Our Users are faithful beings until we frustrate them
- Elements of a successful Homepage.
- The Smartphone Usability.
- Traditional Testing vs Do it yourself Testing.
SOLUTIONS TO DESIGN PROBLEMS
- We need Self Evident Websites.
- Uses of Street signing.
- Designing for Scanning, not reading.
- Creating Effective visual Hierarchies.
- Nothing should be more than 3-4 clicks away.
- Making better Search Sections
- Tabs are our best friends
- No such prescribed pre-requisites for this session.
- This session invites all, who believe in better Usability Solutions.
- This session is designed to be an eye-opener towards usability.
- Basic rules of usability.
- Myths about usability will be unraveled.
- You'll know how to uncomplicate things in your current/upcoming website.
- You'll not require a Usability Consultant for your web solution.