Prerequisite for attendees
Anyone who has worked remote and faced challenges like being less productive, getting bored etc
With the internet making it possible for us to work from any remote corner of the world, gone are the days when one’s physical presence at an office/workplace was important. Now, collaboration via online medium is the fastest and secure way to communicate with your teammates. In this session, I will be discussing about the positive vibes regarding working and collaborating with your teams remotely.
Lot of companies either startup’s or even MNCs are moving towards remote working culture. Some reasons that I could think of:
- Save time in office commute: Who in the current day world does not know “traffic”. A person can easily save around 2 hrs of up and down time spent in travelling. Rather, these hours can be used to be more productive in work. Also one feels tired due to long travel, thereby decreasing the productivity of the person.
- Save time in dressing up in formal/casual attire: An average person spends around 1 hr daily in getting ready and look best. If you work remotely it doesn't matter what you wear. You can be comfortable in whatever stuff you like. No hard rules!.
- Be more fit: Research says that sitting at same place for long time is bad for health. If you are at office it’s not possible to get up and roam every one hour. If you work from home, you can take short breaks and relax your muscles thereby declining your stress levels and you turn up to be more productive and healthy.
- Eat healthy and fresh food: If you are in office you either carry your meal home cooked and have it after 4 to 5 hours or you move outside and have food from one of those roadside stalls. This can cause health issues because food is not fresh and may be prone to infections. If you work remotely you can cook and eat fresh food anytime, thereby boosting your health further.
- Flexible work time: There are some individuals who like to start work early and complete early; however it is impossible to make it to work as early as 5 AM. Working remotely, this is the best benefit i have felt. In case you want to work early, you can easily do that and on same lines if you want to have late working hours, you have the liberty to do that as well, just ensuring that you have some overlap with the team members. Also, with time saved from traffic and going out for lunch can all be used effectively to complete the tasks on time.
Now what is mentioned so far is the happy picture that I have projected; however there are some difficulties/issues that I will be discussing in the session including:
- Getting Bored
- Getting Frustrated
- Being Less Productive
At the end of this session attendees would get to know the Pros and cons of working remotely, how to be a better team player working remotely and how to overcome various problems faced working via this mode.
Working Remote Pros, Cons
How to handle issues faced while working Remotely.