New ways of interacting with machines are taking over the traditional ways of communications. In the form of chatbots/ virtual assistants, the future of communication with machines seem to lie with screen-less experience.
According to a survey by Gartner, by 2020 30% of web browsing sessions will be without screens.
With web embracing these changes, the turn for Drupal to adopt these doesn't seem to be far away. We started experimenting with Drupal commerce & Alexa around building a plugin for Drupal commerce for placing orders and would like to share our experience & learnings around the same.
The talk will be focussed on:
- Various Do’s and Don’ts while designing the conversational UI for web interfaces.
- Tips, tooling & pre-requisites around building such interfaces with Drupal
- Demo around a conversational UX with Drupal Commerce 8.x
Take-away for attendees:
- Fair understanding of conversational UX
- Do’s & Don’ts for designers while designing conversational UX
- Tooling around integration with Drupal
- Flow of control while interacting with Drupal via conversational UX.