In little time, the term 'Manual QA" is going to be a dinosaur. What does that mean? Are all the Manual QA going to extinct? Thank Behat, Manual testers can have a bright career into Automation. The term automation is itself horrifying, which means complex framework, complex setup and the biggest of all, lots and lots of coding involved.
Behat is an open source BDD PHP framework. It has a rich library of extensions which will help you test user workflow, Drupal backend scenarios, test your APIs and also develop a Page Object Automation framework.
In this session, I will be covering the following basic topics:
- What is BDD?
- What is Gherkin?
- How to install Behat?
- Various options in Gherkin like Background, Scenario, Scenario Outline
- How to get started with writing Behat tests in a feature file which are known as Scenarios in Behat?
- Three basic steps to setup any Behat extension
- Mink selectors
- Running behat tests using Mink
- Mink Drivers
- Running selective Scenarios (tests)
- Introduction to custom functions
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get started with writing Behat tests using Gherkin?
- How to run Behat tests in a headless browser and a physical browser?
- How to setup any Behat extension?
- How to create a basic custom function when ready-made step definitions are not available?