Prerequisite for Attendees:
- Basic knowledge of Drupal 8 workflow.
- Knowledge of git.
- Knowledge of CD/CI would be plus.
One of the major problem we face when we have large team is: Deploying continuous code. But it's not only about Deploying code, mainly it's about
Deploying Best Quality & Standard Code.
We all follow Drupal coding standards and Drupal Best practices, but when we have large team it's very difficult to review code and even we may miss some standards as there is an ocean of standards.
So, we will learn about how to tackle these challenges by using some of the awesome tools like Jenkins, phpcs etc. We will learn about PHP Code Sniffer (which a library that tokenises PHP & detects violations of a defined set of coding standards), Coder ( contains "sniffs" for PHP CodeSniffer).
This session is for anyone who is interested in learning about Automate Code deployment and Automate Code Review.
Key Takeaways for Attendees:
- Will learn about how to create jobs in jenkins and automate deployment of code.
- Will learn how to use PHPcs and commit best quality & standards code.
- Will learn how to use webhooks provided by github/bitbucket and automate sniffs coding standards/practices and making use of bitbucket/github API's to add comments on pull requests with sniffing report summary.