Drupal Mumbai started back in 2011 as the Drupal Mumbai Meetup Group (DMMG), with an objective to revive and strengthen the local Drupal community in Mumbai. Since then over 800+ members have joined the group and we have conducted more than 80+ community events with an average of two per month.
DMMG’s primary purpose is to build and foster a strong community of Drupal and open source contributors in and around the Mumbai region. We invite and welcome Drupal enthusiasts, newbies, designers and hackers, businesses and marketers to join us.
This group is not to be leveraged for personal and commercial gain in any manner that goes against community spirit of the open source movement. We follow the definition of an open source set forth by the Open Source Initiative. We expect the members of the groups to adhere to the Drupal Mission and Principles.
We believe in a community where all members all active participants and collaborators.
You can engage with us on:
Membership and Code of Conduct:
This is an open group and there is no membership fee. However, registration is required and subject to final administrator approval. There may be fees for paid workshops and events as per the event’s requirement. This is a technology group so members would need to have a knowledge of Drupal at some level.
Events held in 2016-2017
Drupal Mumbai Group has conducted more than 10 events in the span of 12 months time. Below are the kind of events we have conducted
- Training sessions on “Introduction to Drupal” on Global training days.
- Training and Workshops on different Drupal topics, both beginner and advanced levels.
- Code Sprints*
- DrupalCamp Mumbai
- Drupal Training for College students
*Sponsored by the Drupal Association.
Our plans for 2018 is to take Drupal Mumbai Group to the next level with the focus on further strengthening the Drupal community with highly effective and high-value events, workshops and summits for students, Drupal users, developers and companies.
Some of the items on the roadmap for 2018.
- Monthly Drupal Code Sprint.
- Quarterly major event on the lines of a business summit
- Registering DrupalMumbai as a non-profit organization
- Strengthening the student community with active outreach. Drupal Campus Ambassador Program in partnership with the Drupal Association for Involving Students at grass root level.
- Involving more Drupal Companies and proactive outreach and engagement
Some Fun Moments From Past Events
Group photo from Drupal Camp Mumbai 2017
Dries at DrupalCamp Mumbai 2011
Jacob being mentored by a young Drupaler :)
DCM 2012 Group Picture